First cue the song for this post:
I like this song, I hope some readers remember it, and hope it fits the occasion, the lyrics fit a bit, not about love, but wondering where we are, figuratively speaking as a people in this country, as providers and patients, and as humans in general.
Anyway, I have mixed feelings about ending this blog, but, I don’t see it as a benefit nor a positive influence for me to proceed further. Nope, too much inappropriateness in society, and in mental health, sheesh, ignorance, clueless, and sheer selfishness by too many involved in the treatment process.
Sooo, I want to finish with these predictions, some I have made prior, but want to go off in the sunset making sure I have done my best to educate and warn you who are interested even in the bit what is coming:
1. The insurance industry and retail pharmacies are going to run treatment into the ground, although they don’t have far from the bottom to go. In the last few weeks I am getting repetitive faxes from CVS Pharmacies telling me of patients who aren’t refilling their prescriptions on a timely basis, and advising me to discuss with patients why they aren’t using their medications as expected. Really, the gall of CVS to tell me to talk to my patients, and they are monitoring their Rx use to such a degree to then think they can advise me what to do. Sorry, last post here, so I don’t care about the language, CVS and other inappropriate sources, go screw yourselves! I’ll figure it out between me and the patient, I have 20+ years of experience to know how to find out who is compliant.
2. Next, to all those administrators in my travels who think they know how to practice psychiatry better than I can, again, go to hell! My current job, the program director thinks I can’t handle telling patients I am leaving the clinic, so she has ordered all the therapists to tell the patients first, and those who aren’t with therapists, get a letter in the mail noting my leaving. Oh, the fallout is already starting, and this past week I wrote my first rude email in my life to an administrator telling her I can’t wait to get the hell out! These people who run programs, telling us the providers who and how to talk to our “clients”, give me a break!
3. Patients are getting more crass and demanding telling providers what they have, what they need, and oh, how others should pay for it. Well, we have seen this dynamic blatantly play out at colleges across the country the past months to a year now, so, the older folks are getting empowered. Especially the folks older than 50 years old, well, they blazed the trail for the younger folk first, so, what goes around comes around, eh? Just watch out for all the alleged “ADD” hipsters who need Adderall, and the immediate release form, mind you. And then will be coming back in a few months complaining of anxiety and restlessness and then demanding benzos, and pay attention to how many of these blatant drug seekers are on opiates as well. What do they say, Trends come around every 2 or so generations, so, we are reliving the ’60’s fifty years later, ain’t that the truth!
4. Barack Obama, I have said what I have said, so just remind readers, I was probably off by 1 year or 2 in my warning about him implementing Martial Law, when the country finally wakes up as a collective majority and tries to put this man down. I know it is coming, and it will be beyond ugly and hideous. Americans are going to die by this man’s hand. As sad and pathetic for me to not only predict it, but expect it, those ignorant and naive supporters of Obama and his ilk Democrat antisocial cretins, you deserve your fates if this plays out. How this country has ignored all the signs he has sometimes flagrantly showed, just incredible to watch.
5. Maybe this as a final point will wake some up: in last week’s THE WEEK magazine, was this Talking Point commentary about “The Working Class: dying of despair”. I’ll link the three main commentaries behind the magazine’s summary here, and you read them and think about it, white Americans 45-54 years old are dying at a startling rate. Because it is this demographic that is most likely to fight off what is happening here, between the bulk Boomer shitheads and the moronic Millennials who are beyond entitled and dependent. Not coincidence, folks, and keep those heads buried in your devices, your rulers, er, leaders depend on you to stay ignorant and distracted.
Not fun reads, I think you will painfully agree. This is why I am ending my blog, I have little hope and faith what is going on in this country, and I am sick and tired being asked to just medicate away all this pain and suffering that comes into the office day in and out. Some people are genuinely interested in treatment options, in a multidimensional manner, and they seem to return in follow up showing progress and improvement. But, too many just come in and bitch I have them on the wrong drugs, the wrong dosages, the wrong diagnosis. And yet, these non progressing patients, what are they offering in showing an effort to change, to problem solve differently, coping in a different manner? NOTHING!
And they are often Axis 2 in comorbidity, if not primarily.
I finish with this, I truly believe an organization, a business, an entity, and a culture are defined first and foremost by who runs or leads the group. And if the leader or organizer is incompetent, corrupt, and if not a sheer antisocial/sociopathic cretin, then the followers just echo the mantra and agenda at the end of the day.
When you excuse, tolerate, or just plainly agree with poor judgment and goals, you are part of the problem, not to be seen as a solution or alternative. So, be annoyed or outraged by this last post here, and welcome to my club.
Are you really better off today than you were 7 years ago? If you are, then I hope you are sharing your progress and benefits with those around you that deserve your trust and support. I am not better off now, and think it starts with rejecting the leadershit from our politicians, our business leaders, and those in power and influence in health care, to tie this in to psychiatry and health care in general.
Speak up, take a stand, and stop tolerating and excusing the crap people are dumping and shoving down your throats! Because it will always be true, when good men and women lie silent, evil thrives, and what is going on around here is more often just plain evil and selfishness run amok to be damaging and detrimental.
Sorry, but it is what it is. How else to end, but with the banner:
IF YOU WANT TO GET BETTER, TAKE A PILL, BUT, IF YOU WANT TO GET IT RIGHT, FACE THE TRUTH!
To all readers who have been interested and invested to read here with regularity, thank you so much for you time and interest to read what I have had to say. If I have had any impact for the better, that is wonderful.
If I have dampened your hope and faith, I am truly sorry, but, I am an honest and direct man, and I won’t sugar coat the shit at hand. And neither should you.
Be safe, be well, be cautious, and be careful.
Happy Holidays and coming New Year, and may 2016 be a year of change and profound enlightenment that makes this country, and the rest of the world not only a better place, but diminishes the darkness trying to envelope the civilized world.
My first picture that started this blog:
Ah, maybe one more for a positive image: